Heading into its 27th season, Team Connecticut has always been an innovative program leading the rest of the Connecticut AAU into the future. Some of these innovations that many other clubs have adopted into their own program include:
- Fall League Program – started in 1994 and draws players from all over the area.
- Minimum Playing Time – established the first year of Team Connecticut and continues today as with many other
We consistently strive to provide more than the minimum playing time. Our better players from each team are often asked if they want to “up” for an extra opportunity to improve their game.
International Play – Team Connecticut was first club to send teams to Europe. Team Connecticut played in Belgium, Switzerland, Germany and Austria.
- We were the first Connecticut program to have its own website.
- We are one of the only clubs that allows for a payment plan to ease the financial burden on families.
- We participate in more tournaments per team than other clubs. That’s more opportunities, more playing time, and more basketball for the cost!
- We assist with players’ travel expenses whenever possible thanks to our fundraising efforts.
- We offer high school athletes exposure to college opportunities through advocacy and sponsored events.
Team Connecticut has a long history of accomplishments. Here are just a few:
- 5th place finish (11 Under) in AAU National Championships in Kenner LA
- Champions BCI East Tournament in 1997 (16 Under)
- Champions Boo Williams Showcase 1999 (16 Under)
- Champions 13 under AAU Shootout Amarillo TX.
- Qualified Teams to National AAU’s held in Orlando FL, Clarksville TN, Amarillo, TX, Minneapolis MN, Dallas TX, Kenner LA, and New Haven CT.
- Teams have competed in many high profile tournaments in DC, Las Vegas, Denver and Penn State.
- Team Connecticut has hosted two AAU National Tournaments.